Book Trading at Brused Books
- We buy a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction, hardcovers and paperbacks, but we are very picky.
- Please do not bring us books that are overly worn, marked up, water-damaged, filthy, or with loose bindings or breaking spines.
- We never take ex-library books, Readerís Digest condensed books, Harlequin romances, encyclopedias, National Geographic magazines, book club editions, or books with condition problems listed above.
- We rarely take textbooks, hardcover popular fiction (some exceptions), magazines, or older books in areas such as health, computers, psychology, and finance. The very few books that have any kind of readership are of interest for, at most, three to five years after they are first published.
A good benchmark is to look up a title at Amazon.com and if the price is under one dollar, it is not likely to sell here.
- We generally do not serve as a disposal service for the books we cannot use; with some exceptions, you must take with you the books we do not take. There is recycling for books on campus, also Goodwill and several thrift shops in town which will take books.
- Of the price at which our store will sell your books, you can choose to take 45% of that amount in store credit, or 27% of our price in cash, or a combination. Credit will be held for one year.
Back to main page